Friday, December 23, 2011

Sabrina The Movie

In the new version of the movie Sabrina, Sabrina's dad's profession is a limo driver for a wealthy investor. He chose this profession because he loved to read. He read during the time spent waiting to drive his client from place to place. In my mind this made him extremely successful. He found a way to follow his passion and make money.

If you haven't noticed I have been on a "follow your passion" streak lately. I truly believe that the only path to happiness is to love what you do everyday. I also feel that you can find a way to make that passion profitable. Everyone was put here for a purpose. When parents force their children into a career that is not their passion it makes that child's soul weep.

My passion from the time I was 13 or 14 was what is now known as flipping houses. I can remember walking down the street and deciding how I would change or improve the look of every house. I don't know where this came from other than I was just born with it. I started earning money by cutting my teeth working for a non-profit fixing up dilapitated houses and then went on my own. I especially loved the old Victorian houses with all the great natural old growth woodwork.

Some people don't know what their passion is, but if you start thinking about it something will hit you. Keep asking yourself, "What is my passion" and before you know it viola!

No comments:

Post a Comment