Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Orange Money

Isn't one of the greatest childhood memories carving a pumpkin in the crisp fall air?

There is a pumpkin farm within an hour of my house that will sell a carload of pumpkins for $60. The price goes up for mini-vans and pick up trucks.

I figure I could get 60 pumpkins into my car if I plan it right. I also figure I could sell those pumpkins at the free farmer's market up the street from me for $2-$3. I am not about greed and a good sized pie pumpkin for $2 is cheaper than the grocery store. So I could double or triple that $60. I could safely do that that for three weeks during the pumpkin season, or maybe four if I am lucky.

If you don't have a pumpkin farm near you that sells by the car load, then go talk to a pumpkin farmer. Maybe you could even fill your car for less than $60.

No comments:

Post a Comment